Job Description:OVERVIEW/BASIC FUNCTION:
The Assistant Director of Sales is responsible for
ensuring the sales manpower resources are deployed
effectively to drive revenue streams across the key
markets of Rosewood Abu Dhabi. The role involves
preparing clear Sales strategies for key market segments
and channels of distribution and ensuring the agreed
sales plans are implemented in accordance with industry
- Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing for
sales direction and performance delivery.
- Overseas the planning, deployment and day to day
functioning of the sales team
- Responsible for delivering revenue performance
against business plan projections (including
occupancy, average rate, revenue ,revpar and market
- Has no substitution function within the operation.
- Identifies key and potential accounts and acts on
them immediately in accordance with agreed business
- Formulates clear statements of objectives for the
department and ensures their timely implementation.
- Develops realistic, transparent goals broken down by
key market segments, presented in the form of a
personal business plan. Monitors systematically the
revenue performance of key retention, development
and acquisition accounts.
- Analyze sales performance statistics and adjust
sales team strategy in accordance with changes in
- The associate is expected to be on duty during
normally accepted working hours and whenever his
presence is required.
- Uniform: he is not expected to wear a uniform.
- Performance: should be in abidance with the
expectations defined in the goal setting phase.
- Assist the DOSM to foster close long term
relationship with key corporate, leisure and group
accounts and to qualify accounts by decision maker,
influencer, booker, channel and guest.
- Provides recommendations to refine and improve the
services available at the hotel based on feedback
from the market place.
- Introduce the Managing Director, Hotel Manager and
Director of Sales and Marketing to key players
within key organizations.
- Represent Rosewood Abu Dhabi at key events, sales
trips, roadshows, product launches, and media
- Develop and execute a goal orientated e-commerce
strategy that delivers the annual goals of these
specific market segments.
- Prepares and presents to the DOSM the individual
sales targets for that underpin the hotels agreed
budgeted revenue objectives.
- Is responsible for preparing and overseeing the
individual sales personnel action plan that
effectively delivers the hotel revenue goals
assigned to them.
- Assists as requested by the DOSM with the
preparation of specific marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for granting approval of established
discounts for rooms and food and beverage sales
including the closing of contractual terms for
repeat or bulk business.
- Completes quarterly reviews with assigned sales team
of all VIP, corporate, government and transient
accounts to ensure they are in-line with objectives.
Recommend and oversee the implementation of remedial
sales actions to target underperforming accounts.
- Source competitive intelligence and feedback to DOSM
and Managing Director.
- Identify relevant marketing opportunities and
partnership potential with key corporate companies.
- Participate in planning and organizing key
exhibitions, roadshows and sales trips to maximize
the brand coverage of Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
and optimize the production of short, medium and
long term business for Rosewood Abu Dhabi.
- To conduct timely sales meetings with the sales team
to provide appropriate levels of professional
direction on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- To interface with key corporate accounts, to build a
network of professional contacts to drive high
yielding business into Abu Dhabi Rosewood.
- Liaise professionally and timely with all department
heads as it relates to the coordination of sales
issues to ensure their effective execution.
- Ensures proper and timely submission of recurrent
and ad-hoc reports.
- Drafting of standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
for corporate and leisure sales.
- Ensures proper recording of all sales activities
carried out by the sales team in Delphi Sales and
Catering with weekly sales reporting in place.
- Evaluates the sales teams skill set and recommends
training plans to the DOSM that will improve the
ability and worth of our sales team to the hotels.
- Handles complaints from contractual partners and
informs the department(s) concerned of the results,
resolves such complaint so as to retain customer
- Provide management team with feedback on the
customer experience of corporate and leisure guests.
- Supports all hotel departments in communicating the
preferences of senior dignitaries and VIP hotel
- Carries out other reasonable duties that may be
assigned to him from time to time and as directed by
- Experience: Seasoned experience in managing a sales
team (4 years)
- Education: Graduate level.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job
functions with attention to detail, speed and
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker,
remaining calm and resolving problems using good
judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a
guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision;
maintain confidentiality of guest information and
pertinent hotel data.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English,
with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert
physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up
and down, remain stationary at times throughout work
periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and
co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None
5 days ago
Assistant Director of SalesRosewood Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Accounts to ensure they are in-line with objectives. To provide appropriate levels of professional. Periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and....Read More 5 days ago
Assistant Director of Human Resources - UAE NationalRosewood Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee files. Ensure that the application, screening, interview. Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior....Read More 2 months ago
Greeter - GloRosewood Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, AZ
When dealing with guests and fellow employees. Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service. And drunk driving. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur....Read More 2 months ago
Captain - AquaRosewood Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, AZ
When dealing with guests and fellow employees. Monitor and ensure that all tables are cleared and. And drunk driving. Update board throughout shift....Read More 2 months ago
Reservations AgentRosewood Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Answer telephone calls within ___rings, using correct. Update changes received from. Salutations and telephone etiquette....Read More 2 months ago