Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road
The St. Regis Dubai
The St. Regis Dubai extends the legacy of the Astor family to Dubai. The hotel’s interiors are accentuated with bespoke attention to detail, evident in elements such as the intricacy of the grand staircase and carefully selected artworks. Further complementing its grandeur is a private helipad. There are 234 guestrooms including 182 rooms and 52 suites, including its flagship Imperial Suite. The legendary St. Regis Butler Service is extended to every guest at The St. Regis Dubai.
Offering complete relaxation, Iridium Spa consists of six treatment rooms, two hammams and separate female and male wet areas with steam rooms and saunas. The St. Regis Dubai provides eight distinctive restaurants and lounges, ranging from a modern French Brasserie to a classic steakhouse, seducing senses with distinctive aromas and enchanting ambiences. The 800-square metre Astor Ballroom and six meeting rooms graciously accommodate gatherings from executive round-table meetings to grand occasions, providing guests every opportunity to curate unforgettable memories.
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road
As the newest and grandest Westin in the region with 1,004 guest rooms including 142 suites, every detail of The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City – from the peaceful guestrooms with Westin Heavenly® Beds and Westin Heavenly® Baths to the six delicious restaurants with cuisines from around the world – is designed to ensure an enlivening stay. Guests can feel restored in the Heavenly Spa by Westin with 20 treatment rooms or re-energize in the 24 hour WestinWORKOUT facility. For the smallest travelers, the Westin Family Kids Club provides an outlet for discovery and the Westin Club offers an escape for club guests, 39 floors above Sheikh Zayed Road.
The Revenue Manager position is the lead RM role in a hotel where the person has less than 2 years direct experience and is in development for the DORM position. The Revenue Manager is responsible for executing strategic and tactical implementation of Starwood Revenue strategy, maximizing hotel room revenue through effective pricing and inventory management. The functional responsibilities of this position support the Divisional Strategic Plan for Revenue Management, and are aligned with those of a DORM
This is not an Executive Committee level position. It is considered a career development step towards becoming a DORM and is contingent upon the individuals’ contribution, development progress and performance in the PMP process.
- Develop overall pricing strategy, in alignment with Starwood EAME Divisional Pricing Guidelines, to include all market segments and distribution channels.
o Formulate Retail Pricing Structure, provide guidance on corporate transient negotiated pricing, group pricing for each group, wholesale pricing and acceptance
o Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect asset strength relative to the competition in each market
- Effectively manage inventory and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites, StarLink, and the GDS
- Collaborate with the Internet Merchandising Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing in the decision making process of promotion participation and rates thereof
- Enforce logical leisure pricing hierarchy for marketing promotions.
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance. Set selective sell guidelines for groups and coordinate management of group business closely with the sales and banquet teams.
- Pro-actively identify Soft Spot periods and prepare a Soft Spot Revenue Management Plan, in cooperation with Sales, Marketing and On-Line, with the engagement of Corporate and Regional resources.
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management.
- Analyse competitive reports and formulate appropriate strategies through use of Deloitte & Touche Reports,The Bench, Hotelligence and Market Vision
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with all Starwood Revenue Management Standards, Policies & Procedures. (Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segmentation, Profiles and all other PMS/IPS related RM functionality.)
- All Rate Solicitations acted upon in a timely manner and rate plans maintained and extended as appropriate. The Revenue Manager has sole responsibility for the quality of all pricing setup in the PMS system for the hotels under his/her jurisdiction (in the event of complexed properties). Act upon CRMT Audit Results and Recommendations.
- Ensure Best Rate Guarantee compliance, and minimize/eliminate BRG claims against the hotel/complex
- Ensure Starlink and other electronic distribution systems are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the following 550 days
- Responsible for administration of the online Revenue Plan and the accuracy of all rooms data as input into the system.
- Responsible for the preparation of 30-60-90 day fully updated Forecasts in the Revenue Plan Forecast Tool on a monthly basis. Also responsible for preparation of the ‘mid-month forecast by the 15th of each month, plus the 13th month outlook, following the close of each calendar month.
- Forecasting Accuracy: to achieve 5% of Monthly Total FRS Room Revenue Forecast on a 30-60-90 basis. Calculation based on absolute variance of forecast submitted to actual month by month.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of Rooms Revenue Management elements as part of the annual budget process. (Market Analysis, Comp Pricing, Product Quality, Rooms Production etc).
- Improve Sell Outs on 95% Nights. Improve the sell out efficiency ratio by moving more room nights from 90-95% nights to 95+ and 95-97% nights to 98%+ nights. It’s recommended that if this is a DRM goal it’s also a FOM goal for maximum effectiveness.
- Responsible for Revenue Mgt monitoring of the “Smart Contracting” process and facilitate account evaluations in coordination with sales. Responsible for the accuracy of StarTrack data.
- Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Management/Strategy Meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting
- Represent the Hotel/Complex and contribute RM strategic vision during all Regional and Divisional Property Reviews and/or Pricing Meetings, Round Table presentations and Conferences
- Maintain an RM succession plan for the hotel, in coordination with the Area/Regional DRM. Recruit, train and mentor (as applicable) the Reservations Manager and ensure that at least one backup person on the team is trained in RM basic administration.
- Hold regular and ongoing training sessions to keep relative team members in touch with new and changing initiatives.
- Participate in the Talent Review, PMP process
- Ensure effective understanding and implementation of all Revenue Management related systems and tools. Including: Opera PMS/S&C or Fidelio PMS/Delphi, IPS, PRSNet, TLPe, TLGO if applicable, Market Vision, Enterprise Channel Reports, Revenue Plan, StarTrack, CMD.
- Initiate training requests where knowledge gaps exist, and secure the appropriate technology training for direct reports.
- Take the lead role in property PMS Conversions
- Take the lead role in property TLPE if non-complexed. Support the DORM in maintenance if complexed. Ensure setup of TLPE/TLGO is complete and accurate. Seed Data frequently managed and compressed when necessary and Group forecast updated in TLPe. TLGO utilized and group strategy updated. Educate the sales team on the effective use of TLGO and Opera S&C/Delphi to improve profitability of group bookings.
- Strong analytical capabilities to review, understand and formulate strategy changes based on the extensive reporting data available to Starwood hotels. This includes: All Revenue Plan reports: Rooms Rollup, Pace, Group Backlog, Geographic Data, Forecasting Tool, plus StarTrack Reports, CMD, IPS Reports, PMS Reports, ASD, etc
- Pro-active adoption of new reporting capabilities, Micro-Strategy, Market Vision
- Revenue Manager will have successfully completed the Basic RMA and Revenue Plan training courses, and have planned (if not completed) the Intermediate RMA Courses. Actively participate new training offerings, via classroom or webinar.
- Additional training classes as determined by GM/RDRM may be added based developmental needs.
- If the Revenue Manager has direct reports, then he/she is responsible to assess the educational and development needs of the direct reports and coordinate participation in the appropriate courses.
- Ensure hotel team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role. Clearly communicate to hotel team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenues and improve performance
- Member of Hotel Executive Committee and responsible to provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates, including market share, segment performance, and channel metrics
- Work closely with the Regional DRM to communicate hotel issues and update on Rev Mgt opportunities.
- Share best practices and key learning with peers, Area/Regional Director of Revenue Management and Divisional RM team
- Identify and communicate to either Regional or Divisional RM team bugs/enhancements affecting Revenue Management from all RM tools, including PMS, IPS, Revenue Plan, StarTrack, Channel Reports, and branded websites
To fill this position the candidate must have exhibited strong leadership and analytical skills. Specific requirements include:
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out side of the box”
- Ability to analyze financial statements and market data
- Detail orientated and hands on
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong command of English in both
- Effective ability to lead, motivate and develop associates
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
Must possess strong computer skills, inc Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) Opera PMS/S&C or Fidelio/Delphi, IPS*, PRSNet*,TLPe*,TLGO*&Revenue Plan, *where applicable
- Certification of Basic RMA Module in EAME
Professional Certification (University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
Minimum 1 year experience as a Revenue Management Executive, Reservations Director or Manager, additional Hotel experience an asset
Revenue Managers which have been in the role for 2 years should qualify for promotion to the role of Director of Revenue Management. Should a Revenue Manager not be ready for the DORM role after 24 months in a lead Revenue Management role, an action plan for development or position change should be prepared by the Regional DRM, in coordination with the Divisional Director of Revenue Management, Operations.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
1 weeks ago
Complex Revenue ManagerThe St. Regis Dubai - Dubai, DU
Work closely with the Regional DRM to communicate hotel issues and update on Rev Mgt opportunities. Recruit, train and mentor (as applicable) the Reservations...Read More 1 weeks ago
Assistant Housing ManagerThe St. Regis Dubai - Dubai, DU
Ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function, including assisting in recruiting, training, wage/benefits administration,...Read More 2 months ago
Social Media & Internal Communications ExecutiveThe St. Regis Dubai - Dubai, DU
Support with internal weekly newsletter, liaising with all relevant departments to provide new events and activities for inclusion....Read More 2 months ago
Complex Groups Sales CoordinatorThe St. Regis Dubai - Dubai, DU
Liaise with agencies in collaboration with the marketing department when required to order new templates and e-brochures and gifts....Read More 2 months ago
Complex Catering Sales CoordinatorThe St. Regis Dubai - Dubai, DU
Ensure regular updates in Opera on specific bookings within the 30/60/90 timeframe are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager & Events /Assistant Manager...Read More 2 months ago