As as integral part of the AIME Business unit, the Middle East Region of BuroHappold Engineering delivers engineering consultancy through project based work across the region from offices in Dubai and Riyadh together with project site locations through two separate legal entities.
All projects are managed by a team of project directors who are responsible for all of the commercial and technical aspects of each project.
The primary role of the Finance Manager is to proactively support the financial aspects of project management and to ensure that project performance is collected into a set of monthly management accounts that report against budgeted performance for the unit and are ultimately combined into statutory accounts for audit and submission to the relevant authorities.
As BuroHappold prepares to embark on implementing an ERP system ( Deltek Vision) it is essential aspect of the role to be able to initially prepare accounts outside an ERP system and to assist in the implementation process.
A hands on, commercially focused Finance Manager capable of taking the complete responsibility of the finance and accounts function for Dubai and Riyadh offices, leading a small team, providing full management, statutory & project accounting, cash management, financial control, planning and decision support for the BuroHappold Middle East Region.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complete P & L and Balance Sheet Responsibility
- Full line management of five members of staff. (2 in Dubai, 3 in Riyadh)
- Statutory Accounts, Tax and Treasury
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues arising in the Business Unit
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities as required
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for each entity in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate.
- Liaison with external advisors as necessary
- Ensure compliance with both the internal and external legislative and regulatory environments
- Manage Relationships with external auditors, tax advisors and bankers
- Preparation Monthly cash flow statements and cash projections for the Business Unit
- Control of cash balances and associated procedures, in liaison with the Group Treasury function
- Management reporting and internal controls
- Preparation and interpretation of management and project accounts
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Overseeing the maintenance of up to date Cost to Complete plans for each project within the Business Unit
- Provision of decision support for all engineering groups and management
- Accuracy and integrity of the Business Units accounting records and financial systems
- Interpretation and analysis of results, communicated to local and central management
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Attendance and contribution to all monthly management meetings
- Providing information and strategic advice to the AIME Finance Controller
- Ownership and continuous improvement of Internal Control Environment
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans for ME Region
- Management of working capital of the business unit, predominantly WIP, debt and cash balances.
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
- Liaise with different disciplines within the business to ensure that the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating business
- Financial and Commercial decision support to Finance Controller
- Oversee monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees
- Central point of contact for all financial issues for the Region
- Control of and management of regional office costs
- Compilation of any ad hoc reports and information requests
- Liaison with other Group and Regional finance teams
- Family Status is provided for those who qualify which includes the following only:
- Mobilisation flights from home country for self and family members - Booked by the company
- Provision of Resident Visa for Self and Family members
- Medical Insurance for Self and Family members
- Annual Flight Allowance for Self and Family member to home location – Paid in Monthly Salary in addition to the Total Salary
- The provision of four weeks accommodation to individuals mobilising into the country
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- 2 x Professional Memberships
Requirements - Qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA Accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Experience of operating in the Middle East
- Experience of working in a project led financial environment, prior experience of working on Deltek Vision or a similar Project Management ERP preferable
- Significant experience in the preparation and audit of Management Accounts and Financial Statements
- Proven ability to manage finance teams within multiple office environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high level of innate EQ
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to work under pressure and alongside employees from all levels of the business
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports
- An attitude and willingness to engage in the ongoing development of the business support infrastructure as circumstances allow and dictate.
Finance ManagerBuro Happold - Dubai, DU
The primary role of the Finance Manager is to proactively support the financial aspects of project management and to ensure that project performance is...Read More6 days ago
Regional Learning and Development Business PartnerBuro Happold - Dubai, DU
Maintaining an accurate picture of current and future market trends. Provide consultative career development support to all BuroHappold employees on Learning &...Read More1 years ago