About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Zabeel Saray::At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.
About the Role::
An exciting position has arisen for a Florist to join us in our Housekeeping team at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to make all flower decorations for the hotel according to the needs as per standards set by the hotel.
Your main duties will include the following:
1. Creates new ideas in flower arranging in order to continue improving standards at all times.
2. Rosters team according to operation requirements.
3. Reports punctually on duty, wear correct uniform and name badge at all times.
4. Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
5. Carefully checks quality of flowers received.
6. Returns rejected flowers or plants to the wholesaler.
7. Sorts flowers accordingly to kind and size and keep them in adequate containers.
8. Ensures sufficient florist supplies are available at all times.
9. Makes flower arrangements according to the specific locations.
10. Ensures that flowers are refreshed and replenished when needed.
11. Ensures that all orders are fulfilled as per requisitions.
12. Has a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety issues.
13. Responds to any changes in the housekeeping function as dictated by the hotel.
14. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper or her designate any damaged or missing items.
15. Maintains a high standard of hygiene and sanitation at all times.
16. Participates in multi-skilling philosophy of the department.
17. Is present and active in the training session provided by the hotel.
18. Is fully aware of and understands the Departmental Performance Plan.
19. Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities
20. Makes daily flower expenses reports charging the various sections or outlets as per their requisition.
21. Prepares purchase request according to the outlet’s requisitions and daily operation.
22. Assists Executive Housekeeper or designate in projects, which require special decorations.
23. Trains the florists on new techniques and styles of flower arranging.
24. Keeps up to date with latest trends and styles and adapts them to the Resort’s style.
25. Visits other SBUs and other 5-Star Hotels to ensure we are up to date.
26. Visits suppliers and sources new items such vases and other supplies needed for the floral decorations.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have need the below:
Diploma in hotel management or a related field
Minimum of 3 years work experience at a luxury hotel
Experience working in Middle East
Experience in working in a resort style operation
Eye for detail
Intermediate level - Microsoft Office application.
Competent in OPERA
High level of written and verbal business English
Demonstrate the ability to acquire attributes such as leadership, problem solving, training and developing subordinates, goal setting and goal oriented.
About the Benefits::This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: a shared room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi- annual flight allowance, medical and emergency dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
JG15207 - Waitress/Waiter - The Club - Jumeirah LivingJumeirah - Dubai, DU
In order to be considered for this role you must have at leastone year experience as awaiter/waitress in a 5 star hotel and residence and be able to communicate...Read More3 days ago
JG15208 - Florist- Housekeeping- Jumeirah Zabeel SarayJumeirah - Dubai, DU
In order to be considered for this role, you will have need the below:. Creates new ideas in flower arranging in order to continue improving standards at all...Read More3 days ago
JG14685 - Waiter/ess - Jumeirah at Etihad TowersJumeirah - Abu Dhabi, AZ
To provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant. Fully furnished shared accommodation/live-out allowance, free transport to and from...Read More3 days ago
TECHNICIAN(ELECTRICAL)Jumeirah - Dubai, DU
To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.*. Request support and direction as needed.Job Requirements :....Read More2 months ago