Reporting Line: Research Development Office Director
Department: Research Development Office
Research Development Office Manager is responsible for managing and implementing all research and development programs, as well as developing the research development policies and procedures and identifying research fund opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of Masdar Institute’s Research Development Office strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Research Development Office’s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall business objectives of the Institute, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Research Development Office’s budgets and report to the Research Development Office Director on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Identify the suitable call for proposal opportunities and disperse to all faculty to facilitate sponsorships and address related inquiries.
- Maintain and facilitate access to sponsored research opportunities from local and international funding agencies. This includes maintaining a database for tracking funding information relating to all applicable granting agency opportunities.
- Develop and identify research funding opportunities particularly with national research funding agencies, and assist the Director of Research Development in developing new external grant opportunities.
- Maintain and circulate a Research Funding Manual that outlines funding opportunities for Masdar Institute faculty, including internal and external opportunities.
- Develop internal approval forms, sample applications and templates in coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Manage internal research funding through: development and dissemination of requests for proposals, management of proposal submissions, coordination and support for review committees, approvals, and notification of awards.
- Advise and ensure that faculty members are aware of the research policies and procedures and develop strong relationships with academic departments.
- Develop and manage mechanisms for tracking research outcomes at the Institute, including publications, external sponsorship, and others.
- Develop periodic reports and analysis on research performance and achievements including all Institute research publications and citations, and maintain benchmarking metrics to benchmark the Institute’s overall research performance against all research Institutes in the region.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the 5-year research improvement plan by engaging with stakeholders across academic departments to identify areas of improvement for research support at the Institute.
- Ensure adherence to the terms and requirements of non-disclosure agreements, the Institute’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Research Development Office Director and Vice President for Research.
Experience & Skills
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves, and other administrative and related affairs.
Candidate must have experience working in a senior research administrative at a research intensive university or institute. In addition, the candidate must have the following skills:
- Familiarity with research administration software;
- Knowledge of database tools;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lead and manage a team of individuals;
- Experience in organizational policy-making and strategy development;
- Excellent vebal and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Candidate must have at least 5 years experience in research administration at the position of Manager or higher. The candidate should possess a graduate level degree at the Masters level or higher.
6 days ago
Research Development Office ManagerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves, and other administrative and related affairs....Read More 6 days ago
Senior Accreditation OfficerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Work with Teaching Assistants to identify and collect assignments on a monthly basis to ensure review procedures are adhered to in order to achieve the mission...Read More 6 days ago
Assistant Registrar (UAE National)Masdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed....Read More 6 days ago
Young Future Energy Leaders (YFEL) Program OfficerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Update the budget tracker on a regular basis. Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when...Read More 6 days ago
Executive AssistantMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Receive and screen communications for the Vice President including telephone calls. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support...Read More 6 days ago