Research Development Office Manager
- JOB DESCRIPTION
- ROLE DESCRIPTION
Academic Programs Supervisor
Office of Academic Programs
The Senior Accreditation Officer is responsible for coordinating and implementing all administrative duties associated with the accreditation process, to include curriculum reviews, preparation of accreditation requirements, documents and evaluation processes.
- Develop and implement, with appropriate input from the Office of the Dean of Faculty, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the General Education Council (GEC), the standards, processes and documentation for the approval and accreditation of newly proposed courses.
- Write, edit and prepare accreditation documents with key supporting evidence.
- Review and evaluate graduate curriculum design and implementation regularly.
- Provide a range of administrative services to the General Education Council (GEC), by coordinating and supporting meetings through completion of associated meeting paperwork, such as agendas, minutes and various outcomes.
- Serve as a student liaison to aid in students’ success by guiding them through thesis writing, ensuring timelines are set and needs are met.
- Support the Dean of Academic Programs in the overall management of the graduate programs by providing background information, research, advice and timely support in the academic decision-making process, including case summaries and grievance cases.
- Prepare monthly progress reports indicating achievement of relevant learning outcomes, placement of students and any changes made to improve programs, to be submitted to the President.
- Ensure the requirements and rules of external scholarship granting agencies, such as IRENA and Masdar Institute fellowship, are adhered to.
- Recommend enhancements and maintenance methods for software and systems for ongoing course improvements and renewal, as well as a variety of office tasks that require coordination with relevant departments.
- Recommend solutions to problems or development of efficiencies to improve existing procedures and processes contained within the policies handbook, as they apply to the department’s graduate programs.
- Work with Teaching Assistants to identify and collect assignments on a monthly basis to ensure review procedures are adhered to in order to achieve the mission and goals of the academic programs.
- Be responsible for maintaining confidentiality and security of student academic records to demonstrate compliance with legislated obligations.
- Adhere to the Institute’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Academic Programs Supervisor and the Dean of Academic Programs.
2 weeks ago
Research Development Office ManagerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves, and other administrative and related affairs....Read More 2 weeks ago
Senior Accreditation OfficerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Work with Teaching Assistants to identify and collect assignments on a monthly basis to ensure review procedures are adhered to in order to achieve the mission...Read More 2 weeks ago
Assistant Registrar (UAE National)Masdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed....Read More 2 weeks ago
Young Future Energy Leaders (YFEL) Program OfficerMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Update the budget tracker on a regular basis. Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when...Read More 2 weeks ago
Executive AssistantMasdar Institute - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Receive and screen communications for the Vice President including telephone calls. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support...Read More 2 weeks ago