HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 71 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
To support enhanced oversight over the MENA Region’s management of Financial Crime Risk through development of and support for periodic functional reviews of MENA FCC functions, in accordance with a risk based model and in support of Global FCC Assurance’s model. To plan, prepare, lead and report on such assurance reviews.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out reviews of MENA FCC functions in accordance with the planned review schedule;
- To provide FCC subject matter expertise and support for the MENA Assurance Team, working with the team to identify adverse trends, poor controls and systemic risks.
- Draft and issue reports of each functional review;
- Record and track the implementation of review recommendations;
- Produce MI in relation to the reviews undertaken;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to guide and direct other members of the team;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to act proactively;
- Collaborate and foster good relations with other FCC/RC teams;
- Using intelligence gained through assurance work, use creativity and innovation to propose new/revised AML policies/standards and help provide solutions for complex global issues/initiatives in an ever-changing, high-risk environment;
- Provide support with oversight of the monitoring and implementation of Group FCC controls, ensuring consistency and integration with the Operational Risk framework, where appropriate.
- Provide support with the monitoring of adherence to the FCC elements of the relevant FIMs.
Experience & Qualifications
- Seasoned professional with minimum 5 years AML/Sanctions/AB&C exposure, preferably with experience in an assurance and monitoring role;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Extensive knowledge of AML, CTF and sanctions.
- Background in controls and control testing, either in audit or other control functions.
- Knowledge of MENA Regulatory requirements advantageous
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively and proven ability to meet challenging deadlines;
- Tenacity to follow issues through to resolution;
- Team player who focuses on delivery and continuous improvement;
- Arabic Speaker (not compulsory)
HSBC’s Global Functions (GF) play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses and offer a broad range of career opportunities in areas from legal, risk and finance to human resources, sustainability, marketing and communications. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputation. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
- The chance to realise your ambitions
- Globally connected careers
- A strong emphasis on values
- Learning and development opportunities
- An inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers
1 weeks ago
Senior Manager Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) AssuranceHSBC - Dubai, DU
To support enhanced oversight over the MENA Region’s management of Financial Crime Risk through development of and support for periodic functional reviews of...Read More 1 weeks ago
Regional Senior Manager FCC-Global Liquidity & Cash ManagementHSBC - Dubai, DU
Regulations and Compliance - Provide support on the development of FCC policies and procedures and drive implementation....Read More 2 months ago
Regional Audit ManagerHSBC - Dubai, DU
As and when required, effectively communicate with the audit manager and relevant members of the audit team throughout each stage of the audit from planning to...Read More 2 months ago
Premier Wealth Sales Manager, RBWM, Jebel AliHSBC - Dubai, DU
Use the principles and guidelines in the operating model to ensure customer needs are identified and where appropriate PRMs use the support provided by...Read More 2 months ago
Premier Service Manager, RBWM, Jumeirah (Only for UAE Nationals)HSBC - Dubai, DU
Maximize time available for Wealth Premier Relationship Managers to complete more 'value added' sales activities by managing inbound customer queries,...Read More 2 months ago