As the Senior Service Engineer, you will be ensuring proper execution of the commissioning and service work on ABB Medium and Low Voltage V Drives thus being an Ambassador for organization in front of the End User. In this role, you will be part of the Drives and Control Business Unit, which is part of the Discrete Motion and Automation division. The division is a global leader in low and medium automation products including drives, motors, generators and power conversion equipment.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include;
1. Ensuring the service is executed in accordance to ABB’s guidelines, trouble shooting manuals and OHS standards.
2. Following all relevant OHS rules and training requirements as well as keeping the often very tight time schedule agreed between End Users and ABB sales.
3. Repairing of drive modules coming to service center, based on need.
4. Prompt response to customer calls.
5. Attending jobs with complete preparedness, complete ownership to give professional approach and to ensure quick and correct completeness of the job.
6. Ensuring proper team work and support each other in the team whenever required.
7. Performing warranty repairs and complete warranty handling procedures.
8. Updating details of installed database.
9. Providing the End User with consultancy service with regards to the maintenance procedures and spare parts supply in accordance with ABB guideline thereby increasing the reputation of ABB and where applicable generating additional sales.
10. Ensuring timely completion of site reports, time sheets etc.
11. Accountability for spare parts, tools and equipment that are / is required in order to complete the job at hand.
12. Providing customer training for ABB products.
13. Ensuring availability over phone / E-mail (except during Annual holidays).
14. Providing customer trainings whenever required.
15. Handling 24 / 7 emergency telephone periodically and providing technical support to customer.
As the ideal candidate, you will have Electrical engineering background, ABB Medium and Low Voltage (MV / LV) Drive commissioning and service experience, ABB MV Drive commissioning experience on any of ACS 1000, ACS 6000, ACS 5000 and LCI drive systems will be of additional advantage, ABB LV drive commissioning and service experience on ABB ACS 600, ACS 800, ACH 550 drives, 08 plus years of experience in Drives service, Willingness to travel on short notice, Good communication skill in English and effective communication, Knowledge in information technology.
Note: ABB reserves the right to withdraw the job publication at any given moment.
Location: Abu Dhabi,Generic,Utd.Arab Emir. Contract type: Regular/Permanent Business Unit: Business Unit Drives and Controls Date posted: 2016-10-16 Job function: Service and Maintenance Publication ID: AE59554566_E1 ABB ( www.abb.com ) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
Senior Service Engineer, Abu Dhabi, UAEABB - Abu Dhabi, AZ
Handling 24 / 7 emergency telephone periodically and providing technical support to customer. Accountability for spare parts, tools and equipment that are / is...Read More1 weeks ago
Sales Specialist, UAEABB - Dubai, DU
Ideally you will have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with a minimum of 7- 9 years of experience in technical sales.Any previous or current middle...Read More1 weeks ago
Finance Manager, Dubai, UAEABB - Dubai, DU
Preparation of quarterly commission order reports to all Region/Cluster Managers and CFOs. Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Accounting...Read More2 months ago
TRANSPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALISTABB - Dubai, DU
Monitoring and responding to incoming inquiries from internal customers.*. Excellent knowledge of general administrative .*....Read More2 months ago
TRANSPORT SOURCING SPECIALISTABB - Dubai, DU
For more than 100 years, ABB and its predecessor companies have set the pace for innovation in technologies to harvest energy, improve productivity, safeguardRead More2 months ago